Monday, August 16, 2010

The Case of the Broken Shoe


In my quest on world domination of the make up world, I think I forgot to concentrate on "ME". I have a friend she is a shoe queen diva, you know that friend that still has shoes with the tags still on...yep that’s her. She recently started to shadow me on some production work, B.E.T , Fox, Daily Buzz. After about a week she yelled at me that if I wore flip flops one more time she would slap the “your imagination” out of me. I'm sorry at this point in my career honestly an 90.00 brush turns me on more than 90.00 pair of shoes. Sad to say though she recently had her point proven. I was on set working for a catalog when I finally got my call for an audition to an agency I had been lusting after for a few years. Basically I had to pack up and drive to a destination 9 hours away without even 24 hours notice.
As I was driving to my destination; I received a call from the Presidents assistant going over protocol for the next day’s audition; everything sounded copasetic great until she reminded me to be in all black and heels...WHAT THE BLEEP.
I don't even think I had pair of heels with me; literally I was going to arrive at my destination at 3 A.M. and have to be at the audition at 8:30 A.M. Not even time to run to the mall.
UN FREAKING Believable.
When I reached my destination, I tore my truck apart and found one loan pair of black heels. YES!!! I didn't remember them or how they got there but thank the lord for small miracles.
Or so I thought......I arrived at the audition and realized I had to walk up a hill and 2 flights of stairs. Can you guess....oh yeah hence the story title.
I have never wanted to scream so badly, but I didn't I just proceeded on as a diva with a broke A@@ shoe.
Yes I did, and as soon as I finished the audition I pulled out my trusty dusty flip flops and headed to the mall to treat myself to a new pair of black heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment